Importance of Health & Safety Training at Work
No matter what type of industry you work in or the job you do, workers of all kinds are typically up against various health and safety issues. Regardless of the size of the company or the number of employees it has, the safety and health of its workers should be prioritised by those who lead the organisation. Providing training on how to work safely is therefore a crucial step in the induction of new colleagues and the continued training of employees.
Why Should Health and Safety Training Be Provided?
There are a number of ways continued training helps a business.
It allows you as the employer to always be up to date on the latest requirements and obligations
- It demonstrates a positive health and safety culture within a business, where safe working practices become something of a second nature to employees
- It makes sure that employees understand how to do their work without risking their health and safety or that of the other employees
- Supports claims defensibility and legal duties in protecting the safety of those you work for.
Giving effective training will provide benefits such as:
Improving the working environment for all colleagues
- Helping your business thrive by avoiding the distress of accidents within the workplace
- Contributing toward the personal development of employees in terms of health, safety and wellbeing
- Lowering the risk of occupational hazards and accidents, lost productivity and associated mental wellbeing
Not only is providing comprehensive health and safety training for your employees the right thing to do, but it is also required by law to give whatever supervision and training that is necessary to make sure the health and safety of your team is paramount. The original law, Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974, was expanded by the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 to identify specific situations where the training of health and safety practices is particularly important, such as when employees are exposed to new or increased risks, when people first start work or where any existing skills need to be updated to operate safely.
Who Can Benefit from Health and Safety Training?
Everyone benefits from proper health and safety training. Whether you are self-employed or an employer, by providing health and safety training, not only are you helping to protect your team, but you will learn while you teach courses about it what you should be doing as well. Alongside training employees, your supervisors and managers can benefit not just from the view of personal safety and health, but from the stance of being better able to ensure the health and safety of those they are responsible for.
How to Train
To get started, just visit us to help: https://mindboostlearning.com/product/level-2-safety-at-work-for-caterers/
Providing yourself and your employees the proper training on the job can not only save lives, but save your company plenty of time and resources.